Friday, July 13, 2012

A Sporty Weekend

I've done nothing on the weekend of 30th June and 1st July, except joining the UTP Futsal Competition and Ipoh International Run. To sum it all, I should say I've had a real "SPoRTy" weekend.

Everything dates back to 30th June 2012, Saturday morning when I had my futsal competition. It was the fourth competition but I still couldn't shake off the uneasiness. I played a total of four games, as a center defender. Maybe because of the competition pressure, our team was not playing so well, 3 lost and a draw. We never got through last 16 but this time I managed to SCORE! It is the first time I netted the ball in whatever futsal competition I've participated in and I never thought of my way of celebration.

 I do not do Crouch's little robot dance

                              I cannot do Nani's back flip                    I CERTAINLY do not do this!


Inside, my spirit was so high!
                      But I acted cool about it since it is an equalizer, just asking a tap from teammates.

Soon we were down 2-1 again but I managed to equalize again through a shot deflected off a defender's leg. The game ended 2-2. We were humiliated in the other games through big gap. Everyone was in slow motion mode after a break for lunch. I just hope we can give better efforts the next time (if we are still going to join la, concede goals until phobia already). 


Anyway, roughly 12 hours later, I was already in Ipoh Stadium warming up for the Ipoh International Run 2012 (IRR). I joined this marathon because I'd been kinda into jogging lately, thanks to my bro and also a friend, Kelvin. The distance to beat is 10km. 5 of us joined, 4 in 10km category while 1 in the 21km category. We aimed for top 200 but it was mission impossible because that category itself has drawn up to 2500 participants.

The picture shows the flag off. We were there by six in the morning. The starting of the run was a little slow since we have to cut through those walking participants. And we actually did not know the run had started until we reached the starting line.



A funny fact is that there were many girls (xiao mei mei) wearing short jeans, shiny belts and pretty shoes. I wasn't complaining, really. In fact, they're the one keeping me awake at 6am. Haha. Some people were even running with backpacks and camera, but they were not crews nor working committees.Wonder how are they going to run all the way.

Purposely added a picture beside as a prove. It is not a picture taken by me while running. Just one I got from the IRR facebook page.

I ran with a white headband, just like the character beside. The 10km run is quite "jiaklat" (tiring) but we all manage to finish within an hour. It is quite satisfying. But by the time I reached, we were out of 200, maybe not even in the 500, I don't know. And, the first few runners for 21km category was just minutes behind me. Speechless. Anyway, free 100plus and milo were provided for everyone. The line was so long and everyone was sweaty. So you can imagine when someone behind stood so close to you, breathing heavily.

The run was a real great experience indeed. The one regret is that I did not time my run. I would love to challenge for more than 10km one day.

Later that day, I went back and have a super duper long "nap". My weekend ended with the Euro2012 final between Italy and Spain.

By the way, I am going to go for a jog now. Ciao~

No comments: