Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blood Donation

Don't get scared by the blood stain ya. This is not a scary 18SG post. But still, viewer's discretion is advised. Hahaha.

I always donate blood but everytime, mosquitoes are the nurses that help me through with that. I have been thinking of donating blood since secondary school but I never have the chance. Today, I went for my true first blood donation held in UTP. Maybe I've done too much "dosa" in UTP, need to go "buang dosa" a bit, haha. For the blood donation, I've even missed my SP lecture and a pop-quiz. Nevermind la, at least I missed it for something good this time. Below is the report:


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aim: To donate blood.

Problem statement: Will I chicken-out for my first blood donation?

Hypothesis: I successfully donate blood and I did it like a man. (LOL)

Materials and apparatus: a phlebotomy needle, a flexible collection bag, blood, lollipop, forms, weigh balance etc.

Procedures:
1) fill up forms regarding personal details and health status. (quite a lot)
2) weigh myself (must be 45kg minimum)
3) test for blood pressure (pressure quite high---worrying)
4) test for blood type
5) fill up forms again and sign for don't know what la
6) then put a lollipop into mouth
7) lie on a bed and get a little nervous (*no. 6 & 7 standard procedures, must follow)
8) start blood donation
9) claim free milo and tiger biscuits
10) go back with a plaster on arm

Discussions:
1) Nice experience.
2) Blood pressure is quite high, so need to beware of it.
3) It is good to finally know my blood type.
4) It is actually quite meaningful for me although they just took 350ml of blood from me. Hope it helps to make a difference between life and death.
5) The lollipop is quite nice.

Conclusion:
The hypothesis is accepted. I successfully donated blood and I did it like a man. We live as a community so do help others if we afford to do so. We will never know when we need helps from others one day. So, if you fulfil the basic requirements, go for blood donation!!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________


After the blood donation, I went for lecture and moral presentation. Exhausted, I went back room to sleep after my lunch and missed my assignment meeting with my friend. Berdosa again~~ Haiz... Need to go for more blood donation, I guess.

7 comments:

head vs tail said...

LOL, is it pain?

cuteJason said...

Fuyooh~Write report till sot jor~HahahahaXD

ryus said...

hy, won't pain la, got lollipop ma, LOL..
ks, saja wanna try new style ma, hahaha

Bond said...

hey, how come donate at utp gt lollipop one? In utar no...not fair...lol

cyang said...

I also got lolipop ald..
=D
bond: utp sponsor de, that's why got lolipop.

ryus said...

all want lollipop? next time advertistment for blood donation should include lollipop as a gift of appreciation la, haha

cheesian said...

Hahaha, nice...next time considering donating organs la...=)