Monday, April 6, 2009

Manchester United vs Aston Villa (5/4/09)

After discussing about the drama presentation, I rushed back to my hostel to put all my stuff and flew to the common room. It is because the clock had already struck 10.50. I was informed that Manchester United's formation is quite weak due to injuries of many major players.

So, the match started. Aston Villa seemed to be a stronger team in the first few minutes until Manchester United was awarded a free kick in the penalty box due to back pass violation. Christiano Ronaldo netted it in a flash. Anyway, before the match ended, Carew equalised back with a header. All of us in the common room signed in disbelief.

For the second half, Mason and I went to the RZM cafe. I ordered a big glass of milo. I nearly decided to go back to sleep when Agborlahor scored, making it 2-1. Several changes had been made and Manchester United seemed to dominate the game. At the 80th minutes, Christiano Ronaldo's ball curved right into the right corner. All MU supporters shouted in joys. 90 minutes had passed but there were 5 minutes of injury time. In the last 15 minutes, MU had a couple of good chances but they failed to score. Then in the 92nd minutes, MacHeda, a new player I think turned and shot. The ball curved past Brad Friedel, followed by shouts of "GOAL"! Mason and I jumped out and shouted loudly. We kept hitting the table and shouting. The celebration almost lasted for 5 minutes. So, in the last, MU got all 3 points with 3-2 as the final results.

It was indeed an exciting game. And, I can't sleep after the game.

2 comments:

cheehwei said...

Bro, MacHeda is the new kid,right? poor guy, 35k only..is he good? i missed that match la..

ryus said...

He's quite good la. But he only played for a few minutes so I'm not so sure yet.